StatCounter

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Finally

As long as we don't slip in to a nuclear winter or have some major planetary volcanic event it looks like spring is finally here! I have been holed-up long enough and needed to get out and seriously try the bionic knee I got last November. And it really works! I went out for a walk and sneeked up on this doe.
Even though I didn't mean her any harm she didn't want to be disturbed while nibbling at the fresh green stubble starting to show itself. Once she realized someone was looking at her she decided to leave. In a hurry.
I guess it's for the best. There were a couple of them in the front yard when I went out this morning to look at the sunrise. They weren't too alarmed, but after a few moments they decided to mosey on. I could take some time and get them to relax around me and maybe hand feed them. Unfortunately, come fall, they would probably walk up to the first hunter they saw and ask for a handout. The results would be fatal and I would feel bad having caused it. On the other hand they are tasty.

Yesterday was the opening of the spring fishing season in Minnesota. Down in central Minnesota, places like Duluth and Grand Rapids, had open water on their lakes just in time. Up here they are still ice covered. Even our upper pond still had ice on it and it usually goes out about a week before the lakes.
Woke up this mornin'
Grabbed myself a cup
Brewed up some coffee
Went outside and looked up

And this is what I saw:

It was just before sunrise and the clouds were rolling in. After I fed the horses and let the chickens out it rained just a little. It cleared off now to mostly blue sky, but there is always something to do around here and it's not always chores or maintenance related. Sometimes I have fun projects. I am putting together a "partscaster" to replace the Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster I sold last year. I still need to raise some more funds for the electronics parts, but here is what I have put together so far.
A 2003 body, a 1993 neck, and various hardware. As soon as people buy some of the stuff I have for sale I should have enough to finish it. Wish me luck!




9 comments:

  1. A "partscaster." Is that a term coined by you?

    Good luck with your sales, so you can finish up the guitar. it looks good so far...I'm sure it will sound great when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending luck vibes your way Jono.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sioux, No, I'm not that clever. "Frankenstrat" is another term used for a more radical adaptation.

    Donna, Thanks! I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably would try and feed the deer to get them to relax and be friendly around me, too. Just thinking of the photo opportunities.

    Unfortunately, people around here do that with alligators and bears. And we all know what happens after that...

    Wishing you good luck with all your pieces and parts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see the documentary about the Wyoming rancher who befriended a herd of deer? He knew them all and they knew him, yet they still (tried) to avoid hunters. He also talked about how they would grieve when they lost members of the herd. It was fascinating.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures. Love the sunrise.
    We have so much to learn about animals, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. uh oh… its starts with a body and neck… then "just a few parts"… and then you suddenly have a roomful of guitars!

    FOR GOD'S SAKE, TURN BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

    ~ a GAS (gear acquistion syndrone) sufferer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you reference Duluth as "central Minnesota". Made me laugh.

    The buds are out down here in Minneapolis, and every day they are a little more open. I realize how silly I sound when I say it, but this time of year truly is exciting!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  9. PP, I have been tempted to tame the wildlife, but I don't need more dependents.

    AT, I haven't seen it, but now I will look for it.

    BF, The more we learn about them, the more we learn about ourselves.

    Professor, The yearning and aching never goes away, does it? Fortunately I don't have an abundance of hardly earned money to be tempted into going crazy. It's not much of a
    safeguard,though.

    Pearl, up here we refer to the Twin Cities as Beaver Bay and East Beaver Bay. They are just beyond the cultural mecca of Silver Bay.

    ReplyDelete